New members are recruited mainly through the Exchange of Interest Activities at the Primary School Hornoměcholupská. HPZ karate usually organizes a sports event or presentation (demonstration) prior to this event to inform about important recruitment issues. For additional questions, a contact form is available where you can sign up for a new member of the HPZ karate section.
New members are recruited from the end of the holidays until the end of October. Than the recruitment proces is closed and other members can apply for the next school year. This deadline is limited as karate exercises begin from the very beginning and new arrivals after October might not be enough to set the pace. In exceptional cases the application can be accepted until November of the given year. This applies mostly to advanced exercisers.
The recruitment process consists of the following steps:
- Fill in the application form and send it to e-mail email@example.com by the end of September of the given year at the latest.
- HPZ karate allows new entrants two free practice sessions to get an idea of the course of the exercise so they can decide whether or not to continue.
- In the event that the practitioner decides to continue, the tuition fee must be paid in the given amount, the SKIF (Shotokan karate international federation) and the SKIF karate card must be paid. Any tution shall not be returned.
- Karate Gi (a suit) is not required in the first months of exercise. This is necessary only in the case of the first exams for the degree of technical maturity (STV), which is usually in February of the coming year. The first STV is a white belt. Until then, a standard workout suit is sufficient, a short-sleeved shirt, tracksuits and gym sneakers are recommended.
- Everything else needed to learn the practitioner, respectively his parent in due course.